Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 19:49

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking I am so proud!!!

Whoo-eeeee!! Got past a major temptation today! All the people that I work with are so nice, and we all like our goodies! Today there was a birthday, and someone brought in a beautiful chocolate cake, with chocolate icing! Ay-yi-yi-yi!!!

This is a big-time double-whammy for me! I am a confirmed chocoholic who has gone from having a little bit (just a little bit!) absolutely every day, to having none. I haven't had so much as a crumb in 16 long days!! Torture! And, the other whammy is this: my mom was a cake decorator out of our home when I was growing up, and we lived on cake and icing! I love cake!!

I managed to sit in the lunch room with this temptation for my entire break and didn't even have a taste! Of course, I had help! One of my co-workers is on Weight Watchers, so we discussed the potential of finding a long hair in the cake, and the fact that someone may have spit in it, or lost a fake nail, or god knows what else. And then started talking about the 20 people at work that day that have been sitting around it and touching it and it's just crawling with germs and on and on and on. I tell you, after about 10 minutes of that, you couldn't have paid me to eat it!!! Well, maybe...

Anyway, that is a shining moment for me. And truth be told, after LCing for only two weeks, it wasn't as bad a tempter as it would have been two weeks ago! I love this WOL!!!

So yay me, and yay you for being a low carber too!!

Cheers!
Dizzy D
Sponsored Links