Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-01, 16:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/171/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Angry

I've been plateau'd since about week 3 of induction. I've stayed at the same bouncing around 7 - 11 lb loss since then. It really is getting harder to stay committed, as it's not just cravings (I don't really have them), it's the whole idea of the life style fantasies that have to be given up--Provence, wonderful fresh country breads, mediterranean pastas--all the fantasies about food in all its varieties you get from watching 2 fat ladies, Delia, Chef, even Martha. Also the food/wine/Provence atmospheres of Peter Mayles' books. I know I'm doing a BAD THING here as people on this board probably consumed those fantasy food lives as well and I'm re-installing them in the imagination, but no one has talked about it so far. It's the idea that the anticipation of eating well and freely, totally into the sensuality of having what you want, whether fresh Terra bread or garlic mashed potatoes....Okay, I'll stop. I'm just really bummed out about being scrupulous for 9 weeks without the reward of seeing some, even if slow, progress. Yesterday I ate a highly suspect wiener without bun (yuck) because I was out all day long and getting hungry and couldn't figure out what I could use to fill the gap. As for solutions, I guess the obvious is exercise, but it just ain't going to happen. I've never enjoyed it, don't have the lifetime habit, get up at 5:30 a.m. to get ready for work, home by 6 - 7 p.m. and in bed by 10 to get ready for the 5:30 wakeup. My job is very intense all day long, and by the time I get home 12 hrs later (with more work to be done at home) I'm suffering from will depletion. I just don't want to add another 'to do' to my daily list. Okay. I really will stop now as this has turned into a wail/whine. I guess I'm angrier about not losing than I realized before I started this posting. Yes, still in ketosis. No change in inches. D%*~nation*!!
Sponsored Links