Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-14-01, 08:54

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Angry People's reactions to Low-carb diets

Good Morning Everyone!
A friend and I were talking the other night about the reactions people have to different diets, mainly low-carb. I’ve done it all. I was fat as a kid, borderline anorexic as a teenager, starved myself as a young adult. I’ve done low- cal, low fat, back to starving, did speed with GREAT SUCCESS in weight lose {who knows what I did to my body with the phen phen}, then low-carbs…but only as a diet…not a life style, then gained it all back. Then the roller coaster started all over, I tried EVERYTHING AGAIN…but came back quickly to low-carb. What’s funny about this is the low-carb is the ONLY thing that has freaked people out. The reactions are out of this world. What is the deal with this. I mean no one ever got upset over the anorexic behavior or the speed…but mention Low-carb and people about have a heart attack. I even had this guy pull my husband aside telling him to think about what he was doing. That he need to realize that carbs where good for him…and that this was damaging him. It really upsets me!!
So tell me…what reactions have y’all had to this diet?
Smile!

Sponsored Links