Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Thyroid Disease
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-04, 08:52

Plan: somersize
Stats: 145/180/35 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:
Default normal tsh?

I'm a 40 year old female who has had thyroidectomy in June 2000 I ended up having them totally removed because of how many goiters were in my thyroid and they did not want me to go through the operation again. Well I was put on levoxyl and right after I had my surgery I began to lose weight while I did the somersize program. Anyway that didn't last very long I did the program and lost 35 pounds was very happy and then I started to notice all my symptoms come back that I had when I was Hypotyhroid I'm cold all the time My hair does not grow I never get a haircut. my end of my eyebrows have disappeared I am so tired that I sleep every afternoon for 2 hours and never feel rested all in all I have all the symptoms when I was hypothyroid and my weight has return completely and I still do the somersize program even though I don't lose anything. How can I have a normal tsh level and feel like I do? When I saw my doctor and brought up all these facts he basically looked at me as if to say stop eating the bon bons and do some exercices. I was so upset leaving that office like all these symptoms are in my head He never even asked me what type of exercises I do or what I eat to make a judgement like that. In matter of fact I rarely eat right now my husband and I own our own business and I have 3 kids so I'm always running for something, my husband can't understand it either he knows I don't eat alot He thinks it's just working out with weights I'm so lost! I brought up cytomel to my doctor and he totally went against it. Said it was artifical and only last for a day. I don't know what to do anymore? Any suggestions I did think about armour what about that med? Is there any problem from going from levoxyl to armour? Thank you jamv
Sponsored Links