Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-15-02, 03:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/132/129
BF:
Progress: 81%
Unhappy Help...why doesn't it work for me?

First of all sorry for this epic but I am now absolutely desperate to make this work and I thought that if I put everything down then some one might pick up on my mistakes!!

I first started the Atkins diet back in October and I think I've stuck to it pretty well but I haven't lost any weight - in fact since October I think I've put on a few pounds.

As of 2 Jan 2002 I decided to draw a line over the past few months and to start the diet again being as careful as I can to stick to the rules but after a fresh positive start I've now hit an absolute low as I still haven't lost weight after just about two weeks!!

A typical days menu consists of:
Crispy bacon for breakfast, a chicken and bacon salad for lunch with a tablespoon of mayonnaise and then in the evening I have either chicken or tuna salad with a small omelette (one egg and nothing else) with a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
Also over the day I have two portions of sugar free jelly and about 2.5 - 3 litres of water.

I thought that I might not be eating enough fat so I started to have about a 113g carton of clotted cream at breakfast instead of the bacon strips (it may sound disgusting but it's not really)

I go to the gym for about 30/35 minutes before work each morning. The Ketostix show that I have reached ketosis (at first weak but after including the cream it went to strong).

Over the last 7/8 years I have been diagnosed with IBS and have suffered a horrible skin condition (like acne) which was diagnosed as a yeast infection of the skin. I have the 'pot belly' which Dr Atkins highlighted as a possible symptom of Candida. I have therefore cut cheese and mushrooms out of my diet as well as everything else.

Has anyone any tips? I have recommended the diet to several people and the frustrating thing is I have helped them with their diets (advising more water etc.) and it has worked for them so WHY NOT ME????
The principles of this diet make sense to me and I really want to stick to it and make it work but if I don't make any headway soon I am going to have try something else!

Please help... I want my clothes to fit me again!

Thanks
Hilary
Sponsored Links