Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-14-04, 11:21

Plan: New Atkins
Stats: 292/262/160 Female 5.7
BF:
Progress: 23%
Question Milk substitute

Hi everyone,

about twice a week I have my Atkins or Keto cereals for breakfast.I was wondering what you use as a milk substitute.

My first idea was buying lactose-free milk, but then I found out, that the carb level is just as high (about 4.7g per 100ml) as that of normal milk, since the lactose is not removed but simply split up by an enzyme to make it digestible (does this word exist???). Then I tried unsweetened soy milk from a health store (2.2 net carbs) , but YUK! it tasted horrible.

Then, however, I found out that Alpro Soya offers a soy milk substitue with only 0.4g of net carbs per 100ml. It said "No sugar, no salt added" on the product. And so I guess the last time I tried soy milk, salt must have been added and that was what messed it up: This new thing tastes delicious , and I am so happy to have finally found something I can use instead of milk. This is yummy, perhaps not as good on its own, but definitely with some flakes.

How do you substitute milk? Or do you manage to give this a miss completely?

Sponsored Links