Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 15:35

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%
Cool RickinTN Update!!

Hi guys! Sorry I haven't been around. This has just been a really rough time. I had every intention of getting back on the wagon. But, major things have been happening.

In January, my Aunt's intestines ruptured and poisoned her entire blood system. She wasn't expected to make it. But, after several weeks in the hospital, she did.

Then, in February, my Wife's Grandmother was diagnosed with colon cancer. They removed the cancer succesfully. But, she never fully recovered and died on May 10th.

Then, in March, they found a mass behind Jen's breastbone. So, on March 29th, they removed it. Luckily it wasn't cancer. It was just a lymph node infected with a histo virus, which is treatable with medicine. So, that was no problem.

At the beginning of March, I had some blood in my urine. Thought it was a urinary tract infection. But, there was no infection. The done several test and when I went to the urologist on 3/30, he said he thought I had kidney cancer. So, I had to go into short stay for a procedure to determine if that is what it was or not. They later determined they were 99% sure I had renal cell cancer. So, on 5/6, I had surgery to remove my left kidney and adrenal gland, and had them take my gall bladder while I was at it. It did end up being cancer.

Now, they have my blood to thin. My level is supposed to be at around 2.1 to 2.7 and it is at a 6.0. So, now I am trying to get that under control.

I just started back to work yesterday after 3 months of leave. So, as soon as I can get some money to by decent groceries, I am going to try my best to get back on the diet.
Sponsored Links