Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, May-27-04, 22:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/181/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 44%
Unhappy How can I stop myself?

For some reason I always eat out of impulse (as if is going to make me feel better), thing is it doesn't. Yet, when i'm stressed out or depressed I can't bring myself to remember that the last time I ate out of impulse it didn't do anything for me. I've never been the skinny type, but after marrying my high school sweetheart of 4 yrs, our marriage only lasted 10 months and that sent me into a big depression reaching a weight of 200lbs. I soon recovered and lost 25..lbs. I remained about 175lbs give or take 5-10..lbs for about a year. Then two years ago I got into another relationship in which I thought this guy would be forever. It was going good for some time but recently our relationship has been going down the drain for several reasons. First- I got hurt at my job and have been on workman's comp for a year, second-he lost his job and was out of work for 4 months, and third-last year in November he found out he had a 2 year old son. I can't get out and do as much as I used to because of my injury (even now after a year i've had surgery and it isn't going all that great either), Him loosing his job sent us into a bad financial situation, and, now he says he doesn't think he wants to have any children. (He already has a 10yoa daughter, I have no kids). This made me go from stressed to depressed and I reached my all time high of 215lbs. I started Atkins on March 8 and i've lost about 29lbs. I'm starting to feel great about myself, but lately with all the problems I can't stop myself from eating. Although, I rarely cheat, I am constantly in the kitchen snacking literally about every 15- 20 minutes I only eat LC food but is like I never stop. Sometimes I finish eating dinner and by the time I do the dishes i'm already eating cheese or ham. I then ask myself why i'm i eating if i'm not hungry? and the only response I can come up with is because i'm bored. I've tried home based projects to keep my mind occupied but that hasn't work, I just get more stressed when they don't turn out. I only have one friend and i'm home all day long alone. I also hit a plateu, could it because of my excessive eating? Is this healthy for me? And what can I do to stop myself? (Sorry is so long)...
Sponsored Links