Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 15:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/208/190 Male 72 in
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Not the sucess I had hoped

Hello,

I know that this is going to sound like a whine but I want to tell a little of my story. I started low carbing as an experiment on May 4th and think that I have been rigirously following induction for the past three weeks. I work out reguarly, and often intensely......climbing Alaska mountains in the afternoon for 5 or more hours.
Its been interesting, and one thing that I will say I deffinetly don't feel any cravings, I actually kind of like the diet and its almost killed my craving for pizza.....which I'm totally addicted to. Pretty great really.
On the other hand, I've only lost 5 pounds. As a somewhat in shape and fairly active person in my mid twenties who likes to have a good time I thought that if I gave up my drinking (which I did often) and my crappy fast food diet (also often endulging) and got rigirous and organized about my exercizing and eating I would see big results. We'll, the lifestyle changes have been big but the weight loss hasn't. I find that strange. No doubt some of the fat is going to muscle.....but really I think it should be better than this. According to the Keto Sticks I have at least a moderate amount of Ketones in my urine at all times.
Sorry this is so long. Well, my goal all along has been to do this until Memorial Day weekend anyway and then celebrate as my family traditionally does at that time. So I am going to take a break......I was planning on just switching over to a more healthy diet but now I don't know if after the weekend maybe I need to go bak to atkins to see some real results finally. Any opinions. Sorry this is so long winded. Congrats to all of you on your dedication and results.

AK Brett
Sponsored Links