Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 09:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%
Default Grocery store observation...

Went grocery shopping last night. I'm waiting in line at the checkout, my little cart all full of salad mixes and veggies and meats - happy happy happy...

I watch the lady in front of me loading her groceries onto the belt - Low carb cereal, low carb ice-cream, low-carb bread, low-carb flavoured coffee cream, a gazillion bars & shakes, I swear I think I saw a low-carb ham!!! There was not a single "pure" natural item in her cart (seriously, no veggies, no cream, no cheese... I want to know, WHERE WAS HER CHEESE??? ).

So I wondered to myself, "Self, does she honestly know what she's about to put in her body?" I wondered, does she really know about low-carbing and about those products? Has she just lost 100 pounds and is using these products to maintain after sitting down and studying it, making a well-informed choice as a consumer and integrated them into her eating, and was just picking up some stuff?

Or has she just heard all the low carb scuttle, that it's good for you, here buy this cereal and this ice cream and these chocolate bars and strawberry shakes and vanilla coffee flavouring and salad dressing and ketchup because it's all low-carb and it's good for you and buy it buy it buy it...

It was all I could do not to tap her on the shoulder and talk to her, but my momma raised me old school south, and one does not assume or interfere in a stranger's business (people we know, it's OK ).

I'm afraid all this crap is really going to give this wonderful way of eating a horrible name. There have got to be ramifications somewhere!

HOW COULD SHE HAVE NO CHEESE???
Sponsored Links