Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 23:37
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 110/110/90 Female 4 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default pardon me atkiners but...

hi
before i start let me say i think i have to be really prepared for the barrage of admonishment from everyone..all in good sense though it might be ..sigh! but still I JUST HAD TO ASK!!! my question reallly is a very stupid one so i beg pardon from all the serious atkiners in advance, gulp! anyway here goes....my problem is i am of a petite frame and really dont need to much weigh, xcept round the ..ahem ..tummy, i carry a small roll there which really looks bad, whats more, i have tried everythin i knwo to get rid of this...exercise{i do 1 n half hr of cycling every day at level 5} abs avoiding too much fat xcept the recommened amt,and eating only veggies, grains and a well balanced meal as defn in the good ol days bfore atkins, doin crunches{200 -300} every day and weights too, but try as i might i couldnt get rid of the belly, also i noticed that as soon as i eat, my stomach bulges up and looks even more prominent, n this would last till the next meal!! as i was eating carbs like veggies, rice and lil bit of protein , after reading atkins i thought that carbs might be doin this to me...i needed to ask...has anyone had probs with too weight round the tummy? has anyone mangaed to lose weight there on atkins? also what bout the tummy bulge after eating? has anyoen xperienced this? when i say bulge read more like bloat. if anyone other than me had this prob i would be oh soooo happy to hear from them, n also any advice for this prob?
another thing is the sugar....my major prob is with the sugar, i find that on atkins i am abs comfy with the food n stuff, i dont miss anything and am abs happy to folllow it xcept for the sugar...i dont eat any sweets or anyhtin, its jus that i am abs addcited to sweet drinks like coffee and fruit juice, i need to have them and have them heavily heavily sugared! i tried the first day of induction on atkins n tried to give up the coffee n juice with sugar for a whole day but it was HELL, the 2 day that is today, it was abs unbearable, try as i might i jus couldnt, i went right back to having some coffee n glass of juice....now i am so discouraged, i know i jus cant do atkins, i cant give up the coffee. my prob is i dont even drink too much coffee or other sodas or stuff, i jus need one cup in the morn, one in the night and a glas off juice in the aftnoon, its jus that each of these might contain like 10 spoons of sugar or more! now i am thinkin i cant do atkins anymore coz of this...what i want to know i s, is there any benefit if i jus have these cups of coffee n juice but still try to jus follow the protein diiet n restrict carbs? i know i will have to cut the fat coz i am havin sugar....what i am thinkin is isnt sumpthin better than nuthin? at least the meals r carb free/ will that help? like i said i wanna lose round the tummy, i am already pretty slim.....do u think i should do this? any help, advice, admonishes are welcome, please feel free....
regards
vnd
Sponsored Links