Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 09:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/138/120
BF:
Progress: 10%
Question from bad to WORSE

Well I'm almost through my third week on this diet. I started off at 140lbs, dropped down to 135lbs my first week. Lost nothing until yesterday when my weight went up. Yes UP!!!!!

Today it's up again. Now I'm back to 137.

I've cut out my salad, though the sillystix say I am in ketosis. They are ranging between the small and medium level, so I guess that means the 8 glasses of liquid a day are doing something.

My cheating if you can call it that was eating high fat (triple-cream) brie, which has a carb rating of 0.1 per oz. I was eating a lot of that, so I've cut it down this week based on a comment in the turtle group to no more than 4oz a day.

I'm still taking drugs (celexa + BCP + multi-vitamin and potassium) every day. I'm keeping a journal and my carb counts for this week are averaging 10gs a day. My clothes are not really looser.

Finally I seem to have a constant headache. Though the water is having the expected effect, The rest of my body has ceased to function (I'm very constipated). Is that why the headaches?

I'm counting carbs and watching what I eat. Now it's meat and eggs and more meat and more eggs. Nothing processed really, and I'm trying to eat the fat.

BOO HOO. I'm just a big cry baby

Help me please!!

TG
Sponsored Links