Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 11:20
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 145/140/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daguttgrl7
hello again,
sorry if it seemed like i blew up previosly. i guess i read a part of Ray's book, Neanderthin, that mentioned that eating out was not a good idea or just next to impossible. i really thought that it was easy: just order your protein grilled or simply prepared(no sauce) and a large salad with just lemon juice and olive oil as dressing. is that so bad? well if it is than i guess i'll make up for it by eating 'neanderthin' at home
i should probably start a new thread, but if anyone has some suggestions for eating 'neanderthin' when you're on the go or out with friends, please let me know. so far when i'm out i just try to stick to simply prepared foods, like grilled meats and then some grilled veggies and salad.
thanks again!

I go out to eat all the time! However, I only go to high quality restaurants, not delis, cafeterias, fast food places. I go to nice places where I can order fish, salad, steak, vegetables etc. It is more expensive, but who cares? If you are going to eat out, go somewhere nice with high quality food. I don't go out unless I'm going to be eating good stuff.

I guess I don't worry too much about miniscule amounts of sugar that might be in my food....as long as I'm eating mainly meats and veggies and they aren't drowned in a noticeably sweet sauce I'm fine.