Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 22:39
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/neanderthin
Stats: 115/?/? Female 5'3"
BF:25%
Progress:
Wink Question regarding coconut oil, etc.

Greetings,

first i wanted to thank all of you for being here. i have been reading the messages and threads and have felt so NOT lonely in my new journey, and so very encouraged and inspired. cheers to cavemen!

well my question actually was brought to light by my friend who was wondering if it is okay that she is eating a spoonful or two of coconut oil, raw. we both love the stuff and i love cooking with it, but never had it (nor necessarily want to...) raw. she likes it and was wondering if this is harmful or prevents any of the *good* stuff in it from getting in her system.

also, any suggestions or foods to avoid/eat for someone who has a sluggish thyroid? i know little about this, but felt that since i've discovered this place, i have an endless source of advice and knowledgable friends.

one more thing, i have tried the principles of 'food combining' from the book "fit for life" by the Diamonds, and though that was a few years ago, this paleolithic way reminds me of it in a way. i guess they all advocate the reduction/elimination of sugar and processed carbs/foods, but that especially mentioned not using prepackaged stuff - which was nice. (hard at first, but good) now i'm just happy to have fruit, as my first few days of this toxic-free journey i was only eating meat and veggies, period. this is so much better and i am beginning to regain my energy back - thanks
Sponsored Links