Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach/Atkins
Stats: 209/179.5/140 Female 5'8"
BF:I am afraid to ask
Progress: 43%
Default Tried to stop Lexapro - BIG Mistake

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop in here and say I tried to stop my Lexapro. I read in the Atkins book that most people could avoid anti-depressants (particularly Celexa, which I used to take) and let me tell you I have been in the worst low in the longest time, for about the last 2 weeks. I am talking all the bad thoughts and everything. It sucks, I have been crying all day (got some not good news about my grandma's health) and I haven't been able to stop crying... AND the worst part is I am at work... So when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to stop the sniffles much longer I left and as soon as I got in the car I was hysterical sobbing... So I decided to go to Wal-Mart and refill my prescription the whole time I was there everyone was staring at me and the more they stared the worse I felt and the harder I was crying... it was horrible. It got to the point I was gasping/hiccuping for air. I hate crying in front of my hubby muchless strangers. So I wanted to come on here and tell ANYONE that was considering going off their meds to PLEASE talk to you doctor first... This was probably the worst decision I have ever made in regards to my mental health. and yes I have lost 30#'s on the LC WOL and Yes I look better than I have in a long time, but what good is that if I loose control of my emotions and do something stupid? So I started my Lexapro again about 3 hours ago and implore anyone thinking of doing what I did to NOT do it! it's not worth it... I would rather loose my weight extremely slow than to hurt myself and devistate my family. I just wanted to share and get that off my chest, you don't have to reply or anything... Just think about it.

~Tiffany
Sponsored Links