Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 14:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/325/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Ketosis Sticks

Hi all

I have yet another question for you, hopefully you can help.

I finally got the Keto-sticks in the mail and tried it. According to it I am in moderate Ketosis -if I am saying that right-

My questions are:

1 - I am very surprised I wasn't knocked out of ketosis because last night I had to make a bad decision: To eat Mac N Cheese. We're really low on groceries and until this afternoon I can't buy anything and that was the only thing I had left (work hours cut, no money, huge bills, you all know the situation). I didn't eat much because honestly it tasted awful to me. My husband and daughter said it was "yummy" but to me it takes like cheesy soft cardboard- maybe because of ketosis?? I dont know.
Anyone know why I didn't get knocked out of Ketosis?

2- Now that I jumped off the wagon once, I am going to have to start over w/ induction right?

Hopefully this won't happen again. I feel kind of awful about having to start over but I guess I have to. My husbands check is going to be a little better now so I can buy more groceries to keep a similar menu of what I posted in "8days on Atkins, didn't loose an ounce".

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

>Annett
Sponsored Links