Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 12:55
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Now, no need to jog or shower with 'Bible'diet!

http://www.webindia123.com/news/sho...694&cat=Science

Now, no need to jog or shower with 'Bible'diet!
New York | April 12, 2004 4:26:15 PM IST

The Atkins diet has a new contender- "Maker's Diet." Based on the Bible, it renounces jogging, showering and antiperspirants - and instructs followers to embrace the food and lifestyle of the ancient Israelites.
According to the New York Post, the book, "The Maker's Diet" ascended to No. 1 on the Barnes & Noble bestseller list and made it to the New York Times top 10.

Authored by Jordan Rubin, an alternative nutritionist and Messianic Jew, it prescribes a 40-day program of unprocessed, organic food. Followers must obey strict eating rules set forth in Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Unclean swine and shellfish are out, but carbs are definitely allowed.

The diet also involves a daily dose of soil that contains organisms "good for the gut" - manufactured by Rubin's Garden of Life company in Florida.

"I keep feeling better and better," he said. "I have more energy. I used to have a little acne - now I have none."

Rubin, 28, claims he came up with the diet after trying countless treatments for the debilitating Crohn's disease. He says most people "lose an average of 10 to 15 pounds in the first 40 days." But medical experts have been quick to puncture the almighty hype about the book.

According to Dr. Keith Ayoob, spokesman for the American Dietetic Association, "Weight loss of 10 to 15 pounds in 40 days? That's no miracle.You can easily lose 10 to 15 pounds in 40 days with a healthy, balanced diet and exercise." (ANI)
Sponsored Links