Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 12:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/135 Female 5ft4
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default hello! not 'cheat chatter' but fast food IS mentioned

ok, like, you know, instead of like doing what most call 'cheating', do your homework.

like if you're craving tacos from taco mayo, they only have like 10g of carbs in them, so if you're really careful the rest of the day and make sure you don't eat stuff that has sugar in it that makes you crave, then have one or two tacos but balance it out the rest of the day.

like, a sonic ice cream cone has 19g of carbs, so if you GOTTA have some real ice cream, and not the atkins kind, then just go eat that and make sure you just have like like meat and salad the rest of the day.

and like a sonic jr. hamburger has 27g of carbs(for those of you who can do over 20 and still lose) then have one of those and make sure to balance it out.

it has taken me so long to figure this out, that it's all about balancing. now i know i can't go a wall and have like 5 tacos and a hamburger in a given day, but once or twice a week can use my carbs for that. isn't it great to have so much control over what goes in your mouth??? i feel so much at peace because i know i can HAVE these things every once in awhile and it won't 'blow my woe'. i've just NOW figured out it's all about balancing a healthy lifestyle, but i had to get control of my addiction to do that. hope this post helps someone and have a great LC week!!

'cause like you know how most people say 'i had a taco, i blew it, might as well go and binge', 'cause i say that too, sometimes, now i can just go and HAVE a taco and stick with it becaues i KNOW a taco fits into the lifestyle i am carving. make sense? hope it helps someone out! when i figured this out, it's helped me to stop binging!
Sponsored Links