Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 12:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/252/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%
Unhappy Can u stand another post about frustration??

I am trying so hard not to be frustrated...3 weeks of induction and a mere 8 pounds -- all lost withing the first 4 days. Nothing since then.

I know I am supposed to focus on the overall affects and not just the weight loss, but come on...considering all the junk I cut out and I am eating healthier than ever, I expected to do much better. I've been reading this forun everyday, and in doing so have managemd my expectations. But I read that people are losing 15-20 puonds in the first few inductions weeks and I get frustrated, I realize that after induction the weight loss will slow down, but how can it slow down when it is NOTHING right now.

There's my vent for the morning. I am not planning to throw in the towel, since I am feeling 100% better than I have in years since eliminating the sugar and processed food from my life. And I continue to have very few cravings. I am finding that I was more of a lazy grazing eater -- not much at any one meal, but my hands in something that was readily available all day long. When I am not making or buying the stuff that facilitated that habit, I really don't have that problem. I seem to be able to forego the bad stuff even if it is there, as long as it is put or thrown away after meals.

Last night Avril (friend who lives with me) made au gratin potatoes, and this morning the leftovers were still sitting on the counter. I almost - out of sheer habit - grabbed a spoon and dug in, but I stopped and remembered was no longer doing that. I then remnded her that I can't handle those types of foods being left out (if it's in the fridge it's not a temptation) I will most likely dump them out. I thought that showed excellent resolve on my part.

Given my frustration with how the weight loss process has been going however, I am going to make some modifications this week to see if I can see a difference.

-I will completely eliminate all LC products, even though I eat very few to begin with. No more LC ice cream bars, shakes, bars (I'm glad I don't really like them), or candy.

-I will eliminate aspartame completely. This has only been an issue in terms of diet sodas, even though I THOUGHT that TAB had only saccharin. I just found out the other day that it also has aspartame. Guess I will go in search of Diet Rite products. This will also eliminate the caffiene too, which shouldn't be a problem since I don't drink coffee and have only one can of soda a day anyway.

-I will eliminate the Mock Danish and Mock French Toast for this week. I don't know if they have an effect or not, but they were habit forming and I don't need that.

-I will stay away from pork rinds except for use as occasional breading for chicken.

-I will eat all of the required vegetables (and then some) every day. I know I am not getting 20 net carbs a day which could be one of the problems. To make this easier, I will spread them out throughout the day so I don't feel like I have so much to eat at dinner.

-I will remove the nots I had added in last week -- primarily sunflower seeds and almonds. I do find them to be very satisfying, but also tempting to over indulge on. I may miss the fiber I get from them though.

-I will reduce the use of Splenda and Cream cheese - should be easy with the elimination of Mock Danish.

I'm sure there is more I could do, but I don't think I could keep track. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd be happy to entertain them. I want to remain committed and am willing to spend some time in trial and error to get it right.

Jenn

My Fitday
http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=AZ%2DJenn
Sponsored Links