Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 06:47

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default New book: "Passing for Thin" by Frances Kuffel

Has anyone read this yet? I read about it in a magazine several months ago, but it hadn't been published yet, so I had to wait. I finally got it last week and spent the weekend reading about it.

This is one woman's journey through weight loss. She once weighed 338 pounds and lost around 175 pounds. It was darned inspiring. She joined a group of women in a church basement, and it's all about sponsorship.

The book details her emotions and what was going through her head the entire time. All those negative thoughts you thought only you had? We all have them.

She has some good insight into the whole topic. For example, she writes that although food addiction is not your fault, it is your responsibility to do something about it.

I've been whining lately about being so tired of weighing my food and counting not only carbs and fat, but now calories, too. Other people go through life without counting and weighing, and they're normal weight. Why not me?

Because I'm addicted to food. I can wake up in the morning thinking about the cheesecake in the fridge.

She finally came to the conclusion that she needs to watch what she eats every single day for the rest of her life. No, it's not fair, but it is reality. If she doesn't, she'll gain back the fat. Me, too.

No, the book isn't earth-shattering, but it is good to know that others out there are having the same thoughts you are. You're not alone and you're not crazy. And you don't need to be 338 pounds to have these thoughts. I'm still hesitant to try on anything in front of someone for fear that it will be too small and I'll look fat and stupid.

Anyone else read the book?
Sponsored Links