Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 12:59

Plan: LCarb
Stats: 200/173/124 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 36%
Talking Girl pouring her heart out here, please read !! becoming a 3 day induction veteran!

Hiya all!

I love low carbing. I think it is so damn spanking fabulous. Except for one thing... I can't get past day 3!

Pre-Atkins I have always been the kinda gal to have unstructured grazing of chocolate, crisps, ... etc. I always felt tired and depressed after all my carb blowouts, so have been trying to do atkins.

The first three days is always a mighty success, the first time I tried was last thursday. I got through to saturday, feeling so smug thinking "hey this is a sinch!" doh! Saturday night came and I went to my friend's dinner party (of course he'd made lasagne, my favorite...argh, and everyone was drinking... so I blew it.) The morning after was awful! I think I woke up with the hangover like I'de never had before and my head felt like it was run over by a steam roller for two consecutive days!!!!

So I said..ok, back on the horse monday. I've been so so good, eating lovely scrambled egg for breakfast, prawn salad for lunch and chicken wrapped in cheesy bacon with veg for dinner.. a low carb angel practically!

Then this afternoon struck!!!! I suddenly felt all weak and tired and thought I would relax at home and have a nice supper. When I got home my chocolate and bread cravings kept banging me on the head like a steel drum. I even got to the point of pouring out some sugary oat cereal and then throwing it in the bin at the last minute before eating it.

I thought my craving was over after that, but it came back again 10 mins later and I ran (literally! ) to the shop, bought a whole packet of maryland biscuits and two chocolate bars and stuffed down the lot. I feel so hyper now (As you may tell!) because of the sugar rush, but I know I will feel sleepy in about half an hour and then sad. I just don't know what to do!

I'm not a huge girl (155lbs at 5ft3) and though I do want to loose about 35lbs, to get down to my "skinny jeans" (aka sex in the city!). But I seem to be finding this sugar craving block so much harder than I should be. I know it can be done, there are people out there much bigger, who have lost much more weight than I want to , so I really want to know how to get past the first induction weeks.... is icecream the solution??

Please help!!! am so desperate to stay on atkins, because the first few days are the most controlled and unstressed (about food) days I've ever had!

please respond!!
Sponsored Links