Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%
Unhappy Scared: Re-experiencing pre-atkins symptoms for no reason...

Like the title suggests, I've been noticing that these old symptoms seem to be comming back.

First thing I noticed is that my periods started to be irregular again. Probably just due to hormones from losing weight I said, it will straighten out once I stop losing.

But then something else; I've been very very depressed lately, very extreme swings of mood, just like I was before LC. Ok, it is probably due to stress I told myself. It will pass.

Then I notice my skin has started to break out again. Ok, it is probably due to hormonal fluctuations just like the TOM problem, again I reassured myself. Nothing to worry about, it will pass.

I notice the past 2 days my scale weight has been 2 pounds higher. I assure myself that it is just water, that my clothes aren't fitting tighter so nothing to worry about.

Today is the final straw and I am now officially worried. The small break out I previously mentioned was followed by another closely this morning. This kind of skin problem hasn't happened since starting atkins.

To top it all, today I've also started craving sweets and experiencing hunger. I haven't craved a sweet in I can't remember how long!

What on earth is wrong with me? I haven't been eating more in the way of carbs than I have been. Do you think the stress could be doing this? If anyone else went through this (without it being self-induced via cheating) I'd really appreciate the input, TIA.
Sponsored Links