Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 09:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%
Talking What is the worst DIEt you ever tried?

I probably have the longest record of gross diet history on record. I love low-carbing! I can eat and I feel great!

The worst of the worst for me was the CAMBRIDGE DIET! Boy that was terrible. It was a total liquid diet and you bought these cans of Cambridge powder that came in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, or eggnog. You mixed it up in the blender and drank it three times a day.

The distributor had support groups at her house a few times a week and I went to those. Imagine, a support group for the starving! The woman who distributed the stuff, was absolutely thin and gorgeous so that kept us chunkies going!

Cambridge was a multi-level sales program and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to one of their big conferences. Some of the original sellers had gotten quite rich off the stuff. I never signed up to be a distributor in spite of the pressure. They had great little films about how to get rich off of Cambridge.

I felt completely and totally like crap. I fainted a lot. It led me to binging behavior and I blamed this on my personal weakness rather than the fact that my body was demanding food and calories.

I lost about 50 pounds but then I got to this point where I had an instant gag reflex when I tried to drink it. Years later, I tried slim fast and the gag reflex stayed with me. Even now, when my partner drinks an Atkins shake I cannot even look at it without gagging.

Well, that is just one diet of hundreds I have tried. Actually, I don't feel like a failure - I feel strong as someone who never gave up the fight even when I kept losing battles! What horrible torturous diets have you tried????

Orchid
Sponsored Links