Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 07:29
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%
Lightbulb Questions to/answers of Carbohydrate Addicts (CAs)?

I would like to start a thread that Carbohydrate Addicts (CAs) can read to validate their feelings and to tell them they are not alone. I would also like to tell them that there is hope through CAD/CALP and that those feelings will go away and they CAN have a normal relationship with food. Would you join me?

If so please answer relating to these questions:

1. How did you feel when you were out of control? Hunger levels? Physically? Mental/Emotionally? What are carb cravings like?

2. How many other "diets" have you done? Name them. Did any of these successfully control your carb cravings? What were the ultimate results? How did you feel when/if you regained the weight? Did you regain even more weight than you lost?

3. How did you find CAD/CALP and how did you feel when you did?

4. How long on CAD/CALP did it take for the cravings to go away? How many times did you have to restart (not a day or two off plan and right back on but giving in to the cravings and/or binging and having to restart)?

5. Where are you in your CAD/CALP journey? Has your relationship with food normalized? Somewhat? Are you still at the "Kid in the Candy Store Syndrome" stage? Do you feel in control?

6. What is the "Kid in the Candy Store Syndrome"? Did you go through it? How long, if ever, did it take for you to get past it?

7. Is CAD/CALP for life to you or just until you lose the weight? Do you feel you can do it for life?

8. What has CAD/CALP done for you and would you recommend it to others?

I realize these are a lot of questions and require detailed, honest and sometimes emotionally wrenching answers and I thank you for your honesty and willingness to share if you choose to answer them. If so, I suggest that you print out the questions, think about them, type them into a Word document with your answers, and then copy and paste the document here.

Ultimately I would like to have this thread made into a sticky.
Sponsored Links