Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 23:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/266/118 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Need encouragement!

Hi everyone!
I have tried low carb on and off for many years. When I do it, I love it. I KNOW it needs to be a way of life, but somehow I always make my way back to carbs. Now, here I sit, needing to lose about 140 pounds and I am just over 5ft tall...So I have really gotten out of control. I sometimes feel like I can hardly move and now I am not sleeping well at night because I am so uncomfortable. Then, of course there are the joint problems! I am sure everyone in the triple digits club knows these problems well. I know that if I can do this, I will start feeling better almost immediately. But HOW do you stay motivated to keep going? I know that the results should keep me inspired but I think I must want to fail. Has anyone else felt like this? I guess I have alot of emotional work to do in addition to my physical work. For me, the carbs are truly an addiction. I really feel like I know what a crack or heroine addict deals with...the anxious feeling about not knowing where to get your next fix....always thinking what the next meal will be. Enough of this! I am better than this and stronger than this and I owe it to myself to take care fo myself!

Okay, so this is it. I am going to do this! I have been thinking about this for weeks and starting right now I am a LC'er again. I bought lots of good LC foods at the store today and so I am feeling well prepared. But I would love some encouragement! Anyone have any advice? I just need to know that I am not alone in this.

Thanks,
Beane
Sponsored Links