Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 09:54
Registered Member

Plan: own plan
Stats: // Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default Fruit...a different kind of carb?

I know that generally lthe argument is that fruit is metabolized like a sugar, but can be eaten in later stages as it has many nutrients unlike other carbs with empty calories. But I am just curious how it can be that people who follow the Raw Food type way of eating lose so much weight eating tons and tons of fruit along with fats (oils, nuts, etc). Could it be that the body recognizes fruit differently than grains, starches, and so on-- and digests it differently? Have any of you had less problems adding fruit back than things like bread, sugary foods, potatoes? Is this due to less cravings with fruit than other higher carb foods or something else? Could anyone explain the role of fruit in the early human diet? I know many societies lived on meat and fats, but how about those in the tropics? Wouldn't their fruit ratio have been higher? Has anyone experimented with eating fruit as their only carbs along with the usual lowcarb foods being non-processed protiens and fats? Does mixing a higher carb amount in fruits with fats lead to the same problems as high carb and high fat diets healthwise? Sorry for all the questions, but I am very curious!
Sponsored Links