Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 20:41

Plan: sugar busters/atkins combined
Stats: 134/134/120 Female 60 inches
BF:33% on scale
Progress: 0%
Default balancing carbs and calories?

hello there, i am trying to balance my carbs and calories and am buying mostly foods that are low carbs now.

i bought some skippy carb control peanut butter with only 3 net carbs and some fat free carb options milk with only 5 net carbs.

the milk has only 70 cals so that is not too bad but the peanut butter has 190 cals. the bread has 18 carbs as well but the cals for the bread is 40 per slice.

so i am wondering how the heck does one balance calories with carbs? it seems i need at least 100-150 carbs a day with the majority of them being in the a.m. for my house cleaning energy i need or the delivery job i have.

i am talking about the good carbs here, NOT the bad ones like chips, junk food, potatoes, but the good one okay?

so can someone explain this to me? i know on a low carb way of eating you are not suppose to have to count carbs, but i can easily see how calorie count can get waaaya out of control with that option.

plus it has been a BIG debate on the news lately as well!

i just took my blood sugar level and it was only 59!!!
i am not diabetic either, i think it was from not enough cals or carbs???

this is thee other problem i have with the low carbs and not getting enough to eat for fear of taking in too many calories!

i was feeling very weak and shakie after eating my sandwich, low carb sandwich at that with a cup of low carb milk.

an hour or so later i got hungry again, well i never really feel full anyway eating this way, at least not very often.

so i was curious and with my last testing stick i took it and it was at 59, and that scares me!

does that mean i am hypoglycemia or just didn't have enough calories in for the day? does anyone know?

i also did 30 mns of cardio then another hour or so later did another 20 mns. i don't have alot of energy to do that without more carbs.

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links