Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 12:16

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 180/173/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Talking New here with a twist

Hi all, new here to this site. My twist is I have celiac disease which is an allergy to gluten--found in wheat, rye, barley, etc. Sounds like I'd have it made, doesn't it. I've posted a reply on another board because I had not figured out how to post a new message yet. Still working on this. I started the South Beach Diet, which is very similar to Atkins, I believe. I have bought the book and have read it. I find it great that I don't have to count anything right now, but can follow menus and recipes already made. However, I do have questions about following the exact menus--can I mix and match days?, we're eating a lot of veggies, but there are some I don't care for, so I replace them with others on other days. As well, the next phase includes "couscous" which is not allowed on gluten-free diet. Oatmeal is also not allowed (but because that is still up for debate, I have it very sporadically) Also wondering how I am going to introduce my gluten free breads back in when grains are alllowed (my stuff doesn't have grains). I can use the "brown rice raisin bread", but don't like brown rice itself, or the brown rice pastas (I'm Italian, and they don't really taste like the real thing. I'm looking for all kinds of suggestions about how to get more fiber in the diet (although we are looking at it as a lifestyle change)Anyway, those are the questions that I am throwing out for now--I'm sure that I'll have tons more after more than 5 days on the plan. I look forward to input on how better to use this site as well. Thanks.

PJ
Sponsored Links