Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 16:05

Plan: The Zone-as much as I can
Stats: 231/165/175 Female 5ft9in
BF:?,33+/24.2/22
Progress: 118%
Default Kids and Low Carb

The girls are 6 and 4 years old. Neither one of them are overweight. They are both pretty skinny. They seem to be "high strung". I don't think it is anything serious, they just take after their father more than me (they got my looks! ). I think cutting out the sugar and starches will help. My big question is...How do you get a 4 year old to eat more protein (I should mention she is alergic to dairy). She drinks soy milk and we give her cheese in limited amounts. She likes lunch meat. She will eat steak and hamburgers and pork chops, but loves steak sauce and ketchup. She will not eat eggs. She has tried fish but since her sister won't eat it neither will she (Nemo complex ). She would rather eat the crust of the pizza and throw the toppings away. She loves pancakes, waffles, french toast, and cereal for breakfast. Both girls eat tons of veggies and fruits. I have eliminated soda as much as I can, and I get on my family for giving them sweets (my mom finally gets it and bought them t-shirts for Valentines Day instead of candy ). I guess it just seems like everything she wants is full of carbs. Maybe I am thinking too much. They actually have a pretty healthy diet compared to most kids. I just need a few ideas for variety and suggestions to get her to like protein more.
Sponsored Links