Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-23-01, 12:27

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 306/298/160 Female 5', 5"
BF:BMI: 49.2/49.2/24
Progress: 5%
Unhappy NOT HUNGRY AT ALL!!!!

I'm a bit concerned...I haven't been hungry at all!!!

I know that eating protein eventually does have this effect on you, but I'm a bit worried about the extremity of my case.

I'm actually forgetting to eat...around 11:00am or so I'll realize that I haven't eaten, so I'll eat some chicken or steak (or something along that line)...and then come 10:00pm, I'll remember that I didn't eat anything after that. The confusing thing is that I still won't be hungry. By 10:00pm, I'm ready for bed too...so I'm really not wanting to put food in my stomach to sit there. (I would if it were a matter of being hungry (I try to pay close attention to what my body is saying), but I don't see that I should fill my tummy that late at night if I'm not.)

I'm just worried...does anyone know if there will be a problem from my only eating once or twice a day?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Does it eventually subside?

Please be assured that I'm not doing this as a desperate measure to lose the weight faster...it's just an honest lack of hunger. That and the fact that I'm incredibly busy at work all day long...I just forget about eating.

I'm thinking about buying one of those alarm clocks and setting it, so that I at least eat something at a regular time...maybe a few strips of bacon, or a small salad or something. A problem with eating so little lately too...my stomach has shrunken immensely!!!! I can't eat anywhere near what I used to...a small chicken breast will send my laying on the couch agonizing for 1/2 hour.

The interesting thing is...is that I have no lack of energy from this either. I've been exercising...walking, dancing, etc. I can wake up with plenty of pep, stay up all day...no problem. It's just really weird to me...

Do you think I should make sure to set a regular eating pattern (with an alarm clock)...or is this something I shouldn't worry about...something that will pass? I'm very open to suggestions, and would love to know if this could be dangerous to my health in any way (aside from metabolism slowing down due to lack of food).

Thank you all for your help and suggestions!!!

Soon2BSlim
Sponsored Links