Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-04, 15:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 260/188/200 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Started to gain... Atkins bars or something else?

Hey All!

I've been on induction since about mid-december now, and was been doing great. While I don't compulsively count carbs, I'm pretty confidenet I never exceed 25g (am usually below the 20g limit). For the first 3 weeks, I lost about 3-6lbs every week, consistantly. I was at about 191. It was about this time that I had a little set-back... I bought about 6 of the Atkins protien bars to take to college with me in the morning when I didn't have time to cook a decent breakfast. I thought I would try one for a late night snack... and I had this crazy craving for something sweet. I ended up eating all 6 bars in 2 nights. After that, I went from 191-195. I decided not to buy anymore of the bars in bulk, and just buy ONE at a time on my break if I needed a bite to eat. Well... ever since, my wieght has been going up steadily. I'm at 198 now, and I'm SURE I haven't been going over 20g of carbs for the last 3 days. The bars quote a net of "2g" per. I can't recognize anything I have changed in my diet (other than eating a little more salad & cream dressings, other than oil/vinigar"). Could the bars really be causing this much of an impact on me?! Has anyone else had problems with them? I'm really getting depressed about it... They're so convenient for me because I have early college lectures (that often span the day without a break), and I presumed them to be very Atkins-friendly because they carried the name.

As a side-note, does anyone have any suggestions for easy snacks I can pack along to nibble on during the day at college?

Thanks in advance,

--Drew
Sponsored Links