Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-04-04, 13:03
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%
Default Losing my religion?

Over the last few days, aside from a few spirited debates about other plans and low-carb vs. moderate carb vs. high carb, I've realized something that's likely not NEWS, but was one of those "aha!" moments for me.

Is dieting like religion?

Some people sit quietly in the "cheap seats" living their chosen plan, reaping the rewards.. leading by example.

Some people jump on a plan with a fervor only matched by starving wolves on a lamb, snarling and snapping at anyone who questions their plan! Anyone who questions what they believe to be THE truth are heretics to be ridiculed. Some of them go out of their WAY to find "nonbelievers" in person and the media and hold them up to be picked apart any way possible.

Yet others do all but travel door-to-door, preaching their plan. They feel compelled to "save" the unenlightened, and campaign to bring everyone over to their way of thinking. "Revival meetings" in the cookie aisle.... unsolicited advice at family gatherings, gentle "knocking" of other plans....

I've been feeling a bit philosophical lately.. comes from being snowed in and not wanting to deal with the -18 and colder temps outside..<sigh>

What brought this on was being told to "get your butt back on Atkins"...by a well-meaning friend.
Sponsored Links