Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 17:13

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 417/213/117 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default How do you get through THOSE times?

we all have times of temptation. It could be something emotional triggers it or maybe we ate something that contained an ingredient that triggered cravings. The point being that all of us have THOSE times where we are tempted to go off this WOE. It could be at the beginning when you are first starting out cold turkey and the cravings are still mind blowing or it could be a relapse. We have all had those moments though. Sometimes we make it through to the other side and then it goes away and we're fine. Other times we give in and end up making things worse.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do during THOSE times to get through the fire onto the other side.....I think if we could figure that one thing out we would be way ahead of the game. I'm trying to analyze what is that I do right sometimes that gets me through it and what behavior I sometimes do that doesn't help and makes me give in.

So what do you do that works for you?

Here are some of the things I have found that work for me (sometimes)

1. First off IDENTIFY what triggered it if possible
2. Drink lots and lots of coffee/diet pepsi/water/crystal light (ok coffee and diet pepsi would trigger some people but for me it works...filling up on so much liquid that eating would make me sick almost)
3. CHICKEN PATTIES>...a jolt of protein I have heard will kill a craving and it usually works for me

In desperate times

4.Prayer......seriously this has worked for me sometimes...
5. Reading "Inspirational" self help literature (Joyce Meyer is a good one if you are christian and even if your'e not) Norman Vincent Peale's a good one, Tony Robbins I've heard is good...

What works for you??
Sponsored Links