Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-22-03, 20:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/147/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Few ideas have become law yet. But states have considered scores of bills this year that would, among other things: get kids exercising; warn restaurant eaters about fat, sugar and cholesterol on the menu; and, ban sugary sodas and fattening chips from school vending machines.

OK,

Get kids exercising.. I like.

Kids need to be involved in more physical activities in school. Pisses me off here in Ontario with the teachers’ strikes. They use the kids as pawns & that’s the first thing they refuse to do is extra curricular activities such as sports.

Warn restaurant eaters about…I like

I think that restaurants, franchises anyways, should have to supply a list of ingredients / nutrients just like the food we buy in the store, when requested. Sorry, posting on the Internet is not enough, some people don’t have access. “Secret Sauce?” Sorry, McD’s but we all know what that is already. I never did eat much at these places but they are big business so people are.

Ban sugary sodas and fattening chips from school vending machines…I love.

They are passing this in Ontario currently & I think this is great. Kids don’t need sugar & trans fats. There are other things like nuts & dried fruit that could be sold instead. Children have to be taught to eat healthy & only giving them access to that crap is counter productive.

These bills are almost impossible to pass though. Why? $$$ There is too much money to be made. The big conglomerates don’t care about our children’s’ health. They still think their “Secret Sauce” is a secret………sugary thousand island dressing anyone? Anyone for some French fries sprinkled with dextrose? They genetically modify our veggies to…to…to…what? To keep virus & insect free. They don’t do that on any other continent where people have freedom of speech. I saw a really good program last night about this. They create GMOs because it makes them $$$. They also want us to eating low carb, nutrient absent flour & piles of sugar because it makes them $$$.

Quote:
In a Louisiana experiment, the state will pay for a few government employees' gastric bypass surgery — or stomach stapling — to see if it reduces health care costs.

Sad…….so sad. Put those $$$ into research instead of dangerous, invasive surgery. Then spend $$$ on educating people on what to eat because I’m sorry with all the information out there John Q. Public doesn’t know.

Last edited by Ghost : Mon, Dec-22-03 at 20:41.