Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-17-03, 11:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/135/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Please give me thinks to think about on Friday

while I am at my friend's Christmas party. This is NOT your average party. My friend has taken courses at the San Francisco Culinary Institute and other great cooking institutes and she is one of the best. She does this party every year. She has a gorgeously arranged table with desserts. It is just DESSERTS. They all have little matching cards with the name of the dessert (most of them you can't read without a French dictionary at hand). These are the most delicious things I've ever eaten. She also has southern comfort punch (which I also had to pass on another party recently) and other drinks.
I had planned to cheat for this event but now I'm reconsidering.... I guess if I were to cheat this would be the time to do it considering the "quality" of the cheat. (After following this WOE since May without cheating, not even once, I slipped! I had been on a trip where I passed wonderful tea with scones, french pastries and gourmet ice creams. And then one day after I was back, I ordered a salad that came with croutons and can you believe that I munched all those croutons one by one before eating the salad? Passing all the good stuff to end up cheating with some stupid garlic croutons from Chili's).
This time I am going to give it my best effort to NOT cheat. I can see myself standing in the farthest corner from the table sipping my water trying to make a mental count of the insulin levels of all attendants...
OK, here's where I need your help. Please give thinks to think about while I'm there to keep me strong! Or... do you think I should just... NO!!!!
Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored Links