Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-16-03, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 326/308/190 Male 6'
BF:51%/?%/15%
Progress: 13%
Default Newb Saying Hi

Greetings All!

I guess this is where I belong. I am some what embarrassed to admit even to myself that I need to lose 100+ pounds. I remember being in high school and thinking I was such a lard ass at 180. I would so kill to be at that weight right now. I have always been chubby and not very active. Didn't go for that sports thing.

I've spent the last 10 years since high school trying to see if it was possible to live on Pizza and Beer. My findings were conclusive, yes you can but expect a some baggage to come with that choice. Mainly around your gut area...

I've been doing the Atkins thing since 11/3/03 and have dropped 16 pounds. My wife has also joined in with me and has lost about 12 pounds. I feel great and am going very gung ho at the moment. I set my goals small, I just want to see that scale drop by 2.2 pounds a week. By this time next year I want to have lost another person. I want to be able to go to the mall and buy jeans and shirt that actually fits.

Currently I am finding it difficult to get over the perceived social stigma of being fat and on a diet. I feel very self aware when ordering a burger with no bun, or asking what is in a soup. My wife on the other hand has no issue with announcing she is on the Atkins diet, which by the way makes we want to try and fit under a table for some reason.

I have not started an exercise program yet. I know I need to seeing as how my work day consists of riding a keyboard cranking out code. For some reason, I have set a sub 300 mark for even considering exercising in a gym.

I think allot of the stigma I feel is related to having been fat as a kid and trying to hide that fact. I wonder if that mental block will go away with time, or will I always see myself as that fat little kid?

Anyway, sorry for dumping. I had intended to just say hi and be out of here. I have been reading the forum for a week or so and find your comments soothing.

Night all.
Sponsored Links