Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 22:17

Plan: BFL
Stats: 275/253/125.4 Female 161
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs down Depression

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi there! I am reading the Atkins Revolution diet and seriously thinking of starting this programme. I have been on the BFL programme which is good but because I suffer depression some days are very hard for me to keep motivated. If there are others suffering depression and want to lose their excess weight how do you plan to keep going. Some days it is very hard to keep going. I am sick of my depression. It interferes with my life so much! I am on Efexor XR which helps. Is there anyone on this site who is doing the Atkins programme with depression because I would love to hear from you. I am always tired. I believe the Atkins programme helps with tiredness. Sometimes I feel I am addicted to food and get out of control and go crazy because all I think of is food food food I was under the impression like so many of us that low fat diets were good...how wrong I have been! I am trying to reeducate myself in to believing that low fat diets are not that good because of all the carbohydrates and sugars that are in these foods are actually making me fatter.
If there is anyone who has been on Atkins for a while and would like to help me get started by being a buddy to help me get on track and help motivate me I would really appreciate your input and knowledge. How to start journalling. What sort of exercise etc etc. Because I am at my wits end at the moment and feel like ending it all to stop the thoughts I feel about myself. I said to myself yesterday morning in the mirror "Look at yourself! You are nothing but a fat slob" You are pathetic!!! Please help.....me....someone. Love to all xxxooo
Sponsored Links