Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-08-03, 06:07
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%
Default starting week 2 today and frustrated

I lost 6 pounds the first week. Then starting saturday I gained 1.5 pounds. This morning I'm back down to 1 pound gained, but I'm retaining a bunch of water. I can feel it in my hands and my left knee is so swollen I can hardly walk up and down the stairs. To just stand on it, it wants to give out. I think that may be another problem going on there. I am drinking 3-4L of water a day or 100-120oz so I shouldn't even be retaining-never have before on that much water. It's not time for TOM (last week)

I'm not hungry at all and when I started last week my calories were between 2200-2400, but now they have dropped to around 1900- I"M JUST NOT HUNGRY. Problem is my fat intake is just above 70% averaging around 72-75. Is my fat intake to high for my calorie intake? I'm only hitting 14-18 carbs a day, when I started it was right on 20 most days. I'm in moderate ketosis everytime I check a ketostrip. Only once has it dropped to light pink instead of moderate and that was a check in the pm just to see what it looked like after reading another post about times and checking. I just did measurements on friday, so that isn't going to show anything either.

Even with taking 2 psyllium husk caps every morning I can't poop, it's been 3 days now again. I have no urge or feeling of need to even go although my belly feels full. What's everyone's average fiber intake a day? Yesterday I had 14 fiber and that's higher than any other day I've had!! That should have gotten something going. Even if I go it's just a little bit and I still feel full.

HELP!!!!!
Otherwise I feel great!! lol
Sponsored Links