Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-03, 19:32

Plan: still researching
Stats: 165/165/135 Female 66 inches
BF:?/?/?
Progress:
Smile Hi everyone - I'm new here...

[/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Hi there folks - I'm new to this board. I surfed around this site for a while, checking out the posts. I was recently diagnosed with FM. Have actually been having SYMPTOMS for about 4 years. I'm 39, married to a wonderful man named Jeff. We've been married for 13 years. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom with two small boys, ages 4 & 2. They keep me VERY busy. Most days, I find it really hard to have the energy to raise them. They are, though, my pride and joy. I tried for almost 3 years to have children, had two miscarriages before being diagnosed and treated for endometriosis. After having the surgery, I got pregnant within two months, and had my beautiful son, Aaron. Then, 2+ years later, I had Zachary. They are precious gifts from God. ANYHOW, enough on my family... I am posting here, hoping to gain some information on coping and LIVING with FM. I seem to fight depression sometimes, as I wake up most days stiff and feeling like I'm 80 years old. Honestly, my diet is HORRIBLE. Always HAS been. My parents raised us on meals like meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn or peas. RARELY had salad on our plates. NEVER got any exercise as a family. SO, now I am paying the consequence of not taking better care of myself. Anyhow, I truly do want to feel better. Honestly, I am SO confused with WHAT diet plan is best for me. Before getting pregnant with my second son, I had started on Somersizing. If any of you are familiar with her plan, it is a low-carb plan that practices food combining (i.e. not mixing carbs with protein. You either eat pro-fat/veggies meals, or a carbo/veggie meal.) Did that plan for about 8 weeks, and was finally starting to notice a "melt" of sorts (i.e. trimming down). Was also feeling better with more energy, and felt better about myself emotionally. THEN I got pregnant with my son, and had NO energy OR gumption to want to continue with the plan. SO, here I am... I've thought about doing her plan again, but just am not sure I can do it...

So, do any of you have any wonderful ideas? I'm open to suggestions. I DO exercise occasionally. I TRY to exercise about 2-3 times/week with Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds video series. I also do Pilates stretching occasionally. Honestly, though, most nights I feel horrible, and exercising is the LAST thing I want to do, even though it is what my body NEEDS to do... it's such a bummer...

That's it for me, I guess. Look forward to "meeting" some of you soon!
Sponsored Links