Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-19-03, 08:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/280/200 Male 5'10
BF:I have no clue
Progress:
Default Looking for some clarification

Went over to my friends house last night and his wife recently started the South Beach Diet. I have been on the Atkins diet now since January (though I've not made much progress for some reason since July, even with adding 40 minute cardio 3x week). Back to the subject, she was harping on my becuase the main staple of my diet is hamburger, love the stuff and eat it for one meat at least six times a week. Her main concern was that in the South Beach diet book it says that there has been new information about fats that was not known when Atkins proposed his diet, mainly the fact that after eating a meal high in saturated fats this causes the persons arteries to constrict and continued eating like that could cause a stroke. I have noticed several times that after eating my nice high fat double burger lunch that I get dizzy but I've always shrugged that off as a side effect of the low carb diet. Have things changed with how we should go about doing the Atkins diet? I have to admit that I've not been keeping up with the new information beside adding potassium and magnesium to my diet.
Sponsored Links