Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 08:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 190/175.0/150 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Talking Many Thanks to all you Atkids!!

Happy Friday everyone!!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who posts on this forum. Today is my 14th day of Induction doing Atkins for the very first time. I haven't posted before because luckily I was able to find many threads with my exact questions and concerns answered in the most compassionate, encouraging manner. You are all wonderful!

I imagine I should be posting this under Introductions or something, but I really did want everyone here to know how much you've helped me embrace this plan these past 14 days.

I lost 5.5 lbs. the first week; TOM arrived in the middle of my 2nd week, so I don't think I want to weigh again for a few more days -- otherwise, I just know I'll be disappointed in what I see. It's driving me nuts waiting to see my 2-week total though!

I can't believe how fantastic I feel and even more, the foods I'm able to eat on Atkins are a dream come true. I am loving my daily taco salad, complete with cheddar cheese, avocado and sour cream!!! As a former low-fat dieter, I still can't believe the things I'm able to have and still lose weight.

I feel like I know some you from reading your posts these past 2 weeks. I just wanted to finally de-lurk and say Hi. As my user name says, my name is Lisa, and I'm a recent transplant from the DC area to Houston, TX. I got married last May and relocated here since my hubby totally laps me salary-wise and this is where his job is It's been an adjustment being away from all my friends and family, but little by little I'm settling in. I currently telecommute for my previous employer located in MD, but I think after the first of the year, I want to find something where I at least go into the office several times a week. I'm not going to meet too many people sitting here on the couch tapping away on my laptop!

I've got about 40-50 lbs. I'd like to say goodbye to forever (5'8", 189.5/184.5/??), and for the first time in ages, I really feel it's possible to accomplish, especially with all the great success stories I read here!

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!

-Lisa

Sponsored Links