Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 05:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/219/165 Male 5'9
BF:Unknown, sorry
Progress: 24%
Cool The Faustian Bargain: My Workout Log

Hi there, and welcome to the Faustian Bargain, my personal workout log. Not quite sure how long or how well I'll stick to this, but let's at least give it a shot.

My budgeted workout schedule is as follows:

Weights three times per week, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
Jogging five or six times per week, depending upon the weather.

To the extent budgeted becomes actual is anybody's guess. Sometimes I'm good, other times, well, not so good.

My weight routine as of right now is as follows:

(1) Bench Press Barbell 3x12
(2) Flye Curls Dumbellsq 3x12
(3) Bent Over Row Barbell 3x15
(4) Shoulder Shrugs Dumbells 3x25
(5) Military Press Dumbell 3x12
(6) Triceps Curls Dumbell- 3x20
(7) Biceps Curls Dumbell- 3x10
(8) Wrist Curls Barbell 3x25
(9) Crunches N/A 4x50

Presently I keep the barbell at 80 pounds, and use two 40 pound hex bells for all exercises marked as dumb bell. The above is also the order I perform the exercises. Some of the exercises have ceased to be much of a challenge. I am probably going to be upping the reps and sets soon, without touching the weight. I am a bit afraid of (say) benching much more weight with no one around. We shall see if I can overcome this fear. It is also a bit of a pain to have to stop and switch plates off and on.

Jogging is done with my favorite training partner, my little half Dalmatian, half Australian Cattle Dog. He runs me into the ground. Whenever possible it is also done on trails at the state park near my house. Otherwise its on the streets, which both of us don't find nearly as fun. I typically try to go for at least 40 minutes, and will stretch out some runs to as long as an hour and a half.

I am extremely gym-phobic, and don't think I will ever join one. The weights are done in my basement, to a soundtrack of hideous 1980s era hair metal or equally hideous 1970s disco, depending upon my mood. Not sure why I like this music to lift by, but there you have it.

I'm not going to be setting up a journal at lowcarber.org, as I already have one at www.discussanything.com. It can be reviewed here:

http://www.discussanything.com/foru...?s=&forumid=161

if anyone has an interest. It is not restricted to a discussion of diet, to put it mildly.
Sponsored Links