Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-03, 18:57

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Newbee Here!!!

Hi Everyone.

I am new to this forum but not new to CAD or LC-ing. I lost 40 lbs on CAD the first 6 months and was so thrilled. I went off of CAD for 2 weeks while I was on vacation and then got right back on plan and everything came to a screetching halt. I have not been able to lose any more weight since. Try as I may, I could not get the scale to move at all.

This past June I decided to try the Insulin Resistance diet. I had some reservations about eating carbs during my meals, but thought what the heck, I will give it a try. At first things started working out great. The scale finally moved and I started seeing new lows AND then I went on vacation again and got off of plan. Yep you guessed, right back to where I was with CAD.

Now I find myself bluurring the edges really bad on the Insulin Resistance diet, so I am thinking about coming back to CAD. In fact I am thinking of switching to CALP instead of doing CAD. I am presently reading the CALP book. This is the 2nd time I have read it. The first time I just skimmed thru it.

I have a question for anyone who might know the answer. I have the orginal CAD book. The one that says you can basically eat anything you want but to balance it. I know later on the Hellers came out with a revised edition of CAD where it is similar to CALP and they want you to start your RM with a salad and do the 1/3 balancing. I hate to be a dummy here, espcially since I am not new to CAD, but of course would be to CALP, what would be the difference between CALP and the new revised editon of CAD? I do know the CAD wants you to eat smaller meals at your CM's. I always thought the Heller's said that because on CAD your RM was not as strict. What is the difference between CAD and CALP, espcially with the new revised edition of CAD? I hope this question makes sense to all of you.

I hope you don't mind if I join your group. I probably won't start CALP until next week. I am looking forward to getting to know evryone.

Thanks
Sponsored Links