Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-03, 16:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/173/125 Female 63
BF:
Progress:
Talking Yeast and Low Carb How-to-Start HELP!!!

Hi,
I'm brand new to this wonderful forum and wonder if someone on this thread could help me?

I've just been diagnosed with a Candida Albican systemic infection. My Dr. put me on Diflucan for 30 days along with a probiotic. Of course I feel horrible.

But along with this regime, I'm also supposed to try Atkins or an Atkins-like (low carb) eating plan. The problem is that I'm confused. I've read almost everything about these diets and sometimes I think less-is-more! Its very confusing in practice.

I also have to cut out dairy, sugar and white flour. I'm finding it extremely hard to cut chocolate (I see that sugar alchol is also a no no). What in the world can I eat?

Atkins induction diet calls for a scant 14 grams of carbs per day for 14 days. A few months ago I did the 14 days and lost 10 lbs. Then, I came to a complete standstill. I think it was because of the yeast.

This time, I can't eat the dairy which is a lot of what's on the Atkins plan at least in the begining.

Help! What the heck CAN I eat?

Thanks to all that respond. I sincerely appreciate it!

manya88
Sponsored Links