Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-08-03, 22:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Talking Becoming a believer !!!

Hi there.
Just thought I would introduce myself, and say hello.

I just started this whole LC lifestyle in September after trying Weight Watchers
for 25 weeks. I did quite well on it but I like everyone else had a heck of a time trying to keep track of points and it was soooo discouraging loosing a .5 at a time. Soooooo after giving friends of mine a hard time for doing the DANGEROUS Atkins Diet I decided to pick up the books and read up on what this
whole lifestyle is about. I have to say it really makes sence. I seriously put my foot in my mouth aknowledging that. And after many apologies to my dear friends for giving them such a hard time I am happy to say that I decided to
jump on the band wagon and try it for myself.

Sooo.. here I am 10lbs lighter after 4 weeks and I really must say I feel pretty darn good. I have been in a stall for the last week 1/2 or so but I am not going to give up I just keep waiting for that WHooosh. I had one after my third week soo I know it happens. During my third week I dropped nothing
( per my weigh in on the Saturday) But when I woke up that Sunday morning I just felt lighter and I was !!!! 5 lbs lighter. So I am convinced this will happen again ! Pleeeeease let it happen again !! *laughs.

Anyhow... the encouragement I have received just reading posts and the success stories are amazing. I will be here often.

Thank you for being the encouragement I need!!!

Becoming a believer....

Mickey
Sponsored Links