Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-22-01, 02:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Cool Judi's Study Journal

Week1 Day1 2001-08-21 Tuesday

Regular Lc (Somersizing) * Lcpv1.2

2 whole Shredded Wheat®, Muffets
1 cup skim milk
1 cup yogurt with fruit, nonfat, artificial swee -- Raspberry Flavour
5 servings coffee -- 6 fl oz, black
72 fluid ounces water
2 whole large eggs -- hardboiled
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 ounces macadamia nuts, Dry Roasted, Salted
4 servings coffee, half decaf homesize cup w stevia
1 stick Pepperoni, Dry 'stick'
1 whole large egg -- hardboiled
6 ounces beef eye of round, roasted
1 serving salad, My Usual Dinner
2 tablespoons Dressing, Zesty Italian, Kraft

Calories: 1773
Protein: 103.3 g 23%
Fat: 116 g 58%
Carbs,Fibre: 72.3, 13.4g 19% dang that Suzanne Somers!!

Measurements: not in this lifetime well, not this month anyway.

Weight: 1st thing, AM
before TOM 195
yesterday 190
today 191.5

Activity: Up and down like a yo-yo at work (good thing the printer's the length of the building away); ditto for the ancient dawg to the door at home. Really should do something more, say, structured. Ah well, league 10-pin starts next week, at least I'll be hefting a 12-pounder regularly >grin<

Thoughts:
- Trying the *Somersizing* as a personal experiment; want to see how hard it is (to allow carbs but no fat, e.g.) and if perhaps it will have a positive effect on my stress levels, the perimenopause I've been recently blessed with and the amorphous cravings and stubborn weight gain I've had since I quit smoking (well, the last few months anyway). Have only just started the Somersizing 10 days ago, then (for fun, definitely) I was "blessed" with TOM all of 8 days ago so haven't been weighing myself. A pointless exercise in frustration, weighing myself during TOM.
- the Somersizing feels strange after being an AtKid for so very long. The No-Fat/Hi-Carb meals, though infrequent and restricted to no-fat dairy and unprocessed whole grains, feels heretical in many ways. I will admit to enjoying fruit, tho nothing with it, like whipped cream. Sure blows out the carb count, though... we'll see how it goes.
Sponsored Links