Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-03, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Cream Pork

Not sure if this'll be a hit with anyone, but it's always been a favorite dish of mine. The ingredients may sound strange, but taste suprisingly good together. Thought I'd share.... it's good on the budget & on time, but looks pretty rich.

Cream Pork

Sauce
1 small (250 mL) tub of sour cream
1 tsp of mustard
1/3 cup of dill pickle juice
2-3 regular size dills diced small
salt & pepper

Mix the above ingredients together ahead of time, and store in the fridge. (Should sit at least 1/2 - 1 hour, longer if you have the chance)

Meat
6 boneless pork loin chops, cut in two though them to make them thinner (butterfly?) or other thin cuts of pork. I usually pound them a time or two
1 cup of broth (I use chicken bouillon)
butter

Brown the meat in the butter in a frying pan
Add the 1 cup of broth and allow it to cook down so almost all the liquid is gone
Mix in the cream sauce, and stir together until heated through and sauce cooks down and thickens.

Makes 2-3 servings (maybe more if you don't wolf down as much as I do!)

I created a custom food on FitDay and got the following counts (the only thing I didn't account for was the pickle juice, but I *think* the bulk of carbs in pickles comes from the cucumber, not the pickling liquid):

Amount Per 1 serving ** where 1 serving is all 6 chops - I just put 0.5 servings on my daily food if I eat half of it all
Calories 1847
Calories from Fat 1152

% Daily Value *
Total Fat 128g 197%
Saturated Fat 59g 295%
Polyunsaturated Fat 11g
Monounsaturated Fat 48g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 153g 306%

Last edited by Wynter : Sat, Sep-13-03 at 20:06.
Sponsored Links