Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-03, 15:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Indian dessert ideas? help!

Hi Karen, in one of those strangely optimistic moments I've arranged an Indian dinner party for 12 at my house. I'm pretty comfortable cooking Indian, but just realized that I have no clue what to make for dessert! All the Indian desserts I know are carbohydrate bombs: for example my favorite is/was farina cooked in butter and sugar instead of milk. No way can that be adapted to low carb!

Do you have any suggestions? The only thing I could think of is to make panna cotta with Indian dessert spices like cardamom. Which could be a logistical problem (despite how wonderful your panna cotta recipe is) to set up 12 of them in my kitchen, with all the other food I'll have in the fridge. So I'd be eternally grateful for other ideas.

Luckily I have a couple of weeks to figure this out before the party.
Sponsored Links