Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 22:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 197/190/120
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Grocery Shopping

Hello!

I'm a college student who did Atkins for a little while and had to go off of it for my summer job. It worked really well while I lived at home and went to a community college since I was able to cook for myself all the time. The thing is now I'm at school and a resident and have limited things availible to me. Limited fridge space of course and other problems. Besides a George Foreman Grill and a few reusable containers I have nothing to cook with. I'm thinking about pricing baking sheets and pans but it might be too much right now. Anyway to be able to stick with this I need to have dessert type foods on hand and choices as to what I can eat normally. Any suggestions for convenience foods or something that is delicious and can be eaten on induction is appreciated.

So far on my grocery list.

Atkins bars
Atkins ketchup
Splenda
frozen hamburgers
butter
cream cheese
Portobello mushrooms
Garlic seasoning
Cinnamin
Shredded mozzerella
eggs
sausage
Already cooked chicken breast

What kind of shakes do you all find to be the best? Also where can I find the best deals? Right now the closest Grocery store to me is Trader Joe's and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about their selection with low carb foods.

Anyway thanks bunches.
Sponsored Links