Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-03, 11:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.6/229/135 Female 5'6''
BF:41/40/22
Progress: 8%
Default Hi PATTIE and SOOIKE!!!!

Thank you so much for responding. It was so nice to hear from you both and to know I have SOME support out there!

I started this WOE 6 days ago.......the day after my best and one of my only friends here left on a two week vacation. I knew I could never get through the first week if she were here wanting to have the "traditional" Dutch lunch of bread and _______ fill in the blank. Not to mention all the fruit juices we regularly consumed. SHe's Cuban and THIN! lol

Anyway, I finally broke down about day 4 and decided I HAD to have some fallback protection. SOmething for those days when I am out shopping and I get hungry....or I am at language class and am starving....that means Atkins something or other. Dang these Dutch!!! They are almost ALL thin and they have not learned the evils of SlimFast...hence that is ALL you find! I even have my husband indoctrinated against it! He sees all the carbs and gasps! heehee! Anyway, I had a friend in the States order me some Atkins Advantage bars....after making sure they are safe for Induction. Most websites want $40 to START to ship products here...... and the price climbs with weight of shipment! TOTALLY UNREASONABLE! He is spending about $40 to send me (airmail) a 12 pound package (5.5 kilos). It includes 60 Advantage Bars, 20 Morning Start and a few other goodies I cannot find here...like Splenda, etc.

Anyway, I think if you guys want something from Atkins etc, I can get someone to ship. Maybe a couple people get together and share the shipping costs. Even if you are far away from one another, it's cheaper to ship here in Europe. Right? A GREAT source for the cheapest stuff on the web is www.vitaglo.com (You can also go to www.easypricematcher.com) EX will meet the lowest price you can find anywhere (Vitaglo) minus another 5%. BUT, you have to pay for shipping from EX, not from Vitaglo (if purchase is more than $50) So, it's a thought. I am having mine shipped to the friend for free and he is shipping to me......TADA! Let me know if you want help with something like that.

Anyway, I would love to meet you both sometime!!! I was in Belgium 2 weeks ago on the way to Viande, Lux. for my 1 year anniversary. LOVE Belgium. And, the Dusseldorf area is also quite nice...although I am more in love with Heidelberg!

Have you guys found ANYTHING that would be of interest to me in Germany or in Belgium? I go to Germany ocassionally (Emden....WALMART, you know!) and I can get to Belgium VERY easily.

I look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to email me at *******

Hugs,
Char

Last edited by Rosebud : Tue, Sep-02-03 at 05:25. Reason: Removal of email address. Please reread the forum rules.